Download Version 3.14 (Win 10, 8, 7, XP)
- Click here for the latest version of DiffEngineX (58.4 Mb).
Microsoft Office or Excel is the only requirement for this software to work.
The software runs on Microsoft Windows operating systems only.
DiffEngineX is free to use for the first 30 days for the purposes of evaluation.
DiffEngineX is a desktop application, not an Excel add-in i.e. it runs outside of Excel.
All our executables are digitally signed with a trusted certificate.
Smaller Download Without Supporting Files
- Click here for the smaller download (1.8 Mb).
This smaller download may not work unless you have a modern version of Windows (such as Windows 8 or 10) or Microsoft's .NET 4 runtime installed. If the install fails, try the larger download.
Upgrading from version 1 or 2 requires a new purchase. Click here for details.
- Download the trial version of DiffEngineX using one of the links above.
- Right-click on setup.zip and select Extract All.
- Follow the instructions to extract the contents of the zip file to a folder on your computer.
- Navigate inside the folder and double-click on setup.exe.
- We recommend you install as an Administrator rather than a Standard or Limited User.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Compare two folders of Excel spreadsheet files (Tools->Compare Folders).
Supports drag and drop of spreadsheet files as alternative to Browse.
Can specify password for comparison of protected worksheets.
It is recommended not to open Excel workbooks by double-clicking on them while DiffEngineX is comparing sheets. If you need to open an Excel workbook while DiffEngineX is running, do it from inside Excel.
The Short Guide To Using DiffEngineX is recommended reading.
DiffEngineX will compare VBA code if the option Compare Visual Basic Code / Macros is selected from the Options dialog. xla and .xlam files need to be converted into .xls and .xlsm files first. Click here for instructions.
Currently VBA macros in referenced add-ins are not loaded for the purposes of execution during the process of spreadsheet comparison. If you have cell formulae referencing user defined functions written in Visual Basic, you may want to contact us for our special build of DiffEngineX which loads Visual Basic for Applications macros.
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
DiffEngineX will not work unless the following is installed: Any version of Microsoft® Excel or Microsoft® Office (all versions from 2003 to 2019)